Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN). As such it implements the GPRS Mobility Management (GMM) and SM (Session Management).The SGSN implements
- the Gb interface to the BSS's (like the OsmoPCU or an ip.access nanoBTS)
- the Gp interface with its GTP protocol to one or more Gateway GPRS Support Node (GGSN) like OsmoGGSN.
- the IuPS interface with its RANAP protocol to onre or more RNCs or HNB-GWs like OsmoHNBGW
Position in a typical Osmocom network¶
Setup / Configuration¶
For more information regarding the setup + configuration, refer to OpenBSC_GPRS
- User Manual: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmosgsn-usermanual.pdf
- VTY Reference: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmosgsn-vty-reference.pdf
For details see the Issue tracker above. Roughtly, the following areas are in need of attention:
- secondary PDP contexts
- persistent storage of GMM and SM state
- recovery from GGSN outages
- SMS delivery via GPRS
- network-initiated PDP context activation
- Contact us via the osmocom-net-gprs@ mailing list, see [[Cellular Infrastructure:Mailing Lists]].
- Contributions are welcome via [[Cellular Infrastructure:Gerrit]].
- Git repository browser at https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-sgsn