OsmoBSC¶OsmoBSC is what we call the flavor of OpenBSC that acts like a classic GSM BSC, i.e. it offers
- an A-bis interface towards the BTSs
- an A interface towards an external MSC
No other functionality is included. It is thus primarily suitable for operaters who want to integrate with their existing MSC (and other core network). If you want to roun your own GSM network without dependency to other classic GSM network elements, try OsmoNITB instead.
- osmo-bsc User Manual: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmobsc-usermanual.pdf
- osmo-bsc VTY Reference: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmobsc-vty-reference.pdf
- osmo-bsc_mgcp VTY reference: http://ftp.osmocom.org/docs/latest/osmomgcp-vty-reference.pdf