write better pySim documentation
The pySim program has many options but very little documentation in the wiki so far.
Please write a wiki page including some examples on common use cases, such as updating the IMSI/K/OPC on sysmoUSIM-SJS1 and sysmoUSIM-GR1 cards.
#6 Updated by laforge about 1 year ago
- this ticket is still in status 'new' and not 'in progress'. Please set the ticket in progress when you start working on a topic, and to 'resolved' when you think it is finished.
- the '% done' is still at 0%, while it probably is at least 90% completed. Please update that status at least at the time youre 'done', but in case of longer tasks also some intermediate updates
In terms of the wiki:
- look at the table-of-contects tree on the top right: All your newly-added topics are sub-topics of 'supported cards'. They are not. There should be a new entry at the same level as 'supported cards' which is called 'usage instructions' or the like, with then all your points under it. Alternatively, you can also put your examples on a separate wiki page and link it from the top page
- 'sysmo' is always spelled with lowercase 's'
- if the output is not significantly different (and will depend on the card-individual contents and not the card type), it might not be worth displaying the output for each of the card types
- please remove the ADM key location in sysmocom openerp, as this is not accessible to the general public.
- sysmoUSIM-SJS1 are not only available in orange (3FF) form factor, but also in light green (4FF) form factor. The programming is identical as it is the same chip/os. Your documentation appears to only apply at least in part to the 3FF orange card, which is misleading
Please address the above issues, thanks!
#7 Updated by wirelesss about 1 year ago
Thank you for your feed back!
I have corrected mentioned issues.
In order to change 'status' and '%done' of this ticket I need a specific
access to it. It seems that I am missing some access rights, as I am
unable to change above mentioned fields.
On 10/26/2016 08:01 AM, laforge [REDMINE] wrote:
--- Ivaylo Kostov < <mailto:email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org>
- sysmocom - systems for mobile communications GmbH
- Alt-Moabit 93
- 10559 Berlin, Germany
- Sitz / Registered office: Berlin, HRB 134158 B
- Geschaeftsfuehrer / Managing Director: Harald Welte
#10 Updated by neels about 1 year ago
I think it's not a good idea to copy the README to the wiki.
If we change the README in the pySim git, the wiki version will certainly remain outdated.
Instead you could reference the README like this: https://git.osmocom.org/pysim/tree/README
wiki style: I find it odd to use a 'h3.' for every bullet point.
Some of the h3 sections are completely emtpy. I guess a numbered or even
unnumbered bullet list would be a better choice?
# foo ## bar # baz * foo ** bar * baz