'mobile' is the program implementing the behavior of a regular mobile phone,
extended in many ways with features interesting to researchers.
- perform cell (re)selection according to TS 03.22
- MM procedures like location updating, authentication, encryption
- Establish MT and MO voice calls
- Send and receive SMS
- Perform supplementary services like USSD or call forwarding
- hook it up to a PBX
It is assumed that you have already obtained the OsmocomBB source code and compiled both the host programs as well as the firmware
(using a cross-compiler). Please see the general OsmocomBB GettingStarted for guidance.
- prints the debug messages to stdout
- sends debug messages using GSMTAP
cd osmocom-bb/src/host/layer23/src/mobile/ ./mobile -i 127.0.0.1Note:
- press the start button on your phone
- launch wireshark: $ nc -u -l -p 4729 > /dev/null & wireshark -k -i lo -f 'port 4729'
telnet localhost 4247 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. Welcome to the OsmocomBB Control interface OsmocomBB>
Usage: ./mobile Some help... -h --help this text -i --gsmtap-ip The destination IP used for GSMTAP. -v --vty-port The VTY port number to telnet to. (default 4247) -d --debug Change debug flags.
- Handover support