io_uring support in libosmo-netif
Once libosmocore provides the new API for the upcoming io_uring backend (#5751) we will need to port libosmo-netif over to this new API.
Currently we're using the following code-paths for I/O
|libosmo-netif function||I/O function||provided by|
We need to analyze each of those and migrate, if possible.
some clarification compared to the orignal ticket from 5 months ago:
- libosmo-netif shall be ported over to using osmo_io
- whether or not osmo_io will use io_uring or whatever other backend to the operating system kernel, is out of scope for this ticket
- there's no need for libosmo-netif to directly interact with the I/O functions indicated in the original ticket description. They merely existed as a result of an analysis before the work started.
- an osmo-* application program, calling
- libosmo-netif functions (like today), calling
- osmo_io functions (as opposed to other direct I/O APIs today)
- calling whatever osmo_io backend, calling
- operating system calls
Currently waiting for more feedback (CR...); there has been a discussion recently concerning certain design choices in the IRC #osmocom channel (I have attached a chat log for reference).
- Status changed from Stalled to Resolved
- % Done changed from 70 to 100
Applied in changeset libosmo-netif|9bf4e7cb14676d80f81a048724bcaa21f4cfeed2.